Mirrored Edge

The latest and greatest news!
nulaft

Mirrored Edge

Post by nulaft » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Mirrored Edge is a fully playable mirrored version of Mirror's Edge. It's like playing the game for the first time again, an experience everyone who has played the game a lot should try out.
This is basically what you'll get:

Download it here: http://bit.ly/MirroredEdge (2.7 MB)

Instructions:
Download and launch the MirroredEdgeInstaller. You might get a warning screen on Windows 8:

Click on "More info", then on "Run anyway".

There are two new shortcuts on your desktop for playing Mirrored Edge and normal Mirror's Edge.
To uninstall, execute the MirroredEdge_Uninstall.bat located in the MirroredEdge folder in the directory of your Mirror's Edge installation.

Enjoy :) naechster and nulaft
Last edited by nulaft on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
YouTube| Twitch | Hitbox | Steam | Skype: ft.nula

aevilbutt3rfly

Re: Mirrored Edge

Post by aevilbutt3rfly » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

I Just tried this out and its the Weirdest thing ever, It kinda does feel like playing the game for the first time again

Plasma_Wolf

Post by Plasma_Wolf » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:26 pm

So, I've downloaded the installer and installed it. The problem is, my game isn't mirrored. I already put my problem in the youtube comments, but I thought it'd be a good idea to explain it here again, with some screenshots.

Before installing, I made sure that no file of Mirrored Edge remained in either the D:\Steam\steamapps\common\mirrors edge\MirroredEdge folder or the C:\Users\Plasma_Wolf\AppData\Local\Temp\MirroredEdge folder. Then I clicked MirroredEdgeInstaller.exe.

The images Installing.png and Installing Comm Prompt.png are what happened next. There seems to be no problem so far. But it turns out that there will be files missing (which I think the installer should've made there).

1st problem: whenever I get my system to show the desktop icons, only the recycle bin becomes visible; there are no shortcuts to MirroredEdge or to Mirror's Edge (normal).

So I go to the D:\Steam\steamapps\common\mirrors edge\MirroredEdge folder folder and I click MirroredEdge_Mirrored.bat. Then the command prompt shows up, which gives 4 errors (The Error.png is a screenshot of that). Here it becomes clear that several files are missing.

When I uninstall MirroredEdge, I get the command prompt of which I put the screenshot in the next post (only three attachments can be uploaded for each post).
Attachments
The Error.png
Installing Comm Prompt.png
Installing.png

Plasma_Wolf

Post by Plasma_Wolf » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:29 pm

So here's my second post, for the last attachment. It again shows the four error lines about the system not finding the path specified, but now there are some more lines, in which it explicitly states some missing files.

That's all I can work out.
Attachments
Uninstalling mirror's edge.png

nulaft

Post by nulaft » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Hello Plasmawolf,

thanks for posting more detail.

Could you please reinstall Mirrored Edge and provide screenshots of the following folders:
D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\mirrors edge\MirroredEdge
D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\mirrors edge\TdGame\CookedPC\Effects
C:\Users\Plasma_Wolf\Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config

Thanks for your help and patience.

Plasma_Wolf

Post by Plasma_Wolf » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 pm

I think I have found my problem. What I've done (and I'm possibly the only person in the world to do this) is relocate the entire C:\Users\Plasma_Wolf folder to F:\

this is my Documents directory, so everything (My Images, My Documents, My Music) goes there. It's my method of organizing things and keeping the C:\ directory clear for actual programs. The added part is that I won't lose music, images and movies if I do a format of my system. Me replacing the entire library is to deal with Window's stupid idea of automatically putting many documents and downloads in the C:\ disk. Now it always goes automatically. If a game has to put something in Documents\My Games, then it goes to F:\ immediately. No problems there.

The problem here is that your program probably didn't take this into account (and why would it, I doubt anyone else has done what I did).

Now I thought I could solve it by copying the entire F:\Documents\EA Games folder to C:\Users\Plasma_Wolf\Documents. But I got another Error. Something about a duplicate file (would be correct because I copied the stuff?).

Anyway, here are the screenshots (Documents-EAGames-MirrorsEdge-TDGame-Config.png is the screen shot with clarifies that I put the Plasma_Wolf folder's contents in the F:\ directory)

EDIT: I just did a quick check and my F:\Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\Binaries folder is empty... Is this normal?
Attachments
Documents-EAGames-MirrorsEdge-TDGame-Config.png
Steam-Steamapps-common-mirrorsedge-MirroredEdge.png
Steam-Steamapps-common-mirrorsedge-TdGame-CookedPC-Effects.png

Plasma_Wolf

Post by Plasma_Wolf » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Here's the duplicate file name error.
Attachments
Duplicate file name.png
Duplicate file name.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 10762 times

nulaft

Post by nulaft » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 am

the good news is, we've found the problem now ;) for some reason we hardcoded the user directory to the C drive, but that is not necessary. I'll release a patch soon for you to try.

nulaft

Post by nulaft » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 am

I uploaded a corrected version, please try if it works now.

Plasma_Wolf

Post by Plasma_Wolf » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try on Friday, I don't have the time earlier :)