Glitchless Beginner's Tutorial? (help wanted)

Learn about Mirror's Edge here!
Vadsamoht
Runner

Glitchless Beginner's Tutorial? (help wanted)

Post by Vadsamoht » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:39 am

I'm finally approaching times around 1 hour in my glitchless runs (My current PB is ~1:01:30 and I estimate I'll break 1:00:00 in the next week or so, because there's a huge mistake in that run) and so I've finally got around to purchasing a capture card to get my times on the leaderboard. That got me thinking - 1 hour is a time that isn't really all that difficult to reach but still takes a bit of work if you're new to the game. Considering that people often recommend that beginners should start with Glitchless and there aren't any guides for the category specifically makes me think that there might be some value in waiting until I get my first sub-1 time, record and commentate it as an introduction for inexperienced runners by a somewhat inexperienced runner. Firstly: Do you think this would be worthwhile?

Second, if people like the first idea, I'd like to get one of the better runners to take the same footage and do a more advanced commentary that points out what glitchless strats I'm not doing that would take the run from being mediocre to being a competitive leaderbaord time (1 hour is still within the top 10 on the leaderboard, but that's more due to a general lack of times). This isn't so much a selfish request for a critique of my runs (I'm mostly happy to study existing footage), but rather a way of creating a relatively comprehensive tutorial for the category that is useful for both beginners and somewhat more experience runners. Would anyone be willing to do this?

Blackbeltginganinja
Runner

Re: Glitchless Beginner's Tutorial? (help wanted)

Post by Blackbeltginganinja » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:10 am

I'd be willing. I could also do a commentary of Alexander's world record, if you'd like, since I'm pretty knowledgeable about the category. I'll do whatever, especially if it makes glitchless more popular!

Vadsamoht
Runner

Re: Glitchless Beginner's Tutorial? (help wanted)

Post by Vadsamoht » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks! I'm still waiting for some hardware to arrive before I can make a recording, so it could be a week or two before I have anything to show you. I'll post back here when I do.