Mirror's Edge Full Game Tutorial

Anything and everything goes here - be appropriate!
NexusDt
Runner

Mirror's Edge Full Game Tutorial

Post by NexusDt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:18 pm

I've come to see that many people who want to speed run Mirror's Edge because there still is no full tutorial for every glitch and every chapter in the game for them to look at. Especially with the chapter tutorials on PC.

So what I'm thinking is that as a whole community we do one BIG full game tutorial that includes things like: all glitches, suggested keyboard layouts, all chapters with some variable strats here and there (Ex. the different ways to do Ch 6 skips).

If you're interested in helping out let me know. But for now I'm thinking that these would be the requirements for some of the chapter tutorials. (You also must have a mic to record with if you are participating).

Glitches & Keyboard Suggestions - Full knowledge of all glitches in that speed run

I need help deciding the maximum time requirement for all the chapters.

Arie2929
Runner

Re: Mirror's Edge Full Game Tutorial

Post by Arie2929 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm gonna do some routing videos I think
twitch.tv/arie29
youtube.com/arie2929

NexusDt
Runner

Post by NexusDt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Ok, but the point to this if for it all to be in one big video so people don't have to go digging through the internet ad it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Swartt
Runner

Post by Swartt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

You do realize that the video would be around 3 hours long? if not longer

Vadsamoht
Runner

Post by Vadsamoht » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Having separate videos isn't really a problem - you can always make a YouTube playlist out of them. It would also mean that if one of the sections should disappear for whatever reason the others will still be viewable.

dyljaymac
Runner

Post by dyljaymac » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

My laptop is so retarded that you can't hear my voice over it. I'm getting a mic that should hopefully stop that soon, by which I should know a bit about some strats in areas of the game. The only downside is the lag and my loading times :(

ThriceNightly
Runner

Post by ThriceNightly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:02 pm

I have said it before but a spreadsheet like this seems like a logical option. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... iNXc#gid=0 All you would really need to do is record different routes for each chapter/section and write up a pastebin explaining particular sections. Its a lot more friendly than a 3 hour long youtube video explaining every different thing in detail. It also allows for input from multiple people and you can change it very easily if new strats are found.