Fun with reaction time

Anything and everything goes here - be appropriate!
LamboGD

Fun with reaction time

Post by LamboGD » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 am

So have you guys ever experienced that when you try to activate reaction time when you don't have it, Faith suddenly moves super fast for a second or two (because you expected the game to run in slow-mo, but instead it continued on normal speed). It's such a funny feeling, kind of the same feeling you get when you lift an empty milk carton expecting it to be full.. :P

Requiem
Site Admin

Re: Fun with reaction time

Post by Requiem » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:29 am

Haha yes!

Or when you activate it when a helicopter cop is yelling into his loudspeaker, and his voice becomes distorted in slow motion.

zooK
Runner

Post by zooK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm

#JustFaithThingsxXx ;). But yeah happens a lot and I panic and think I forgot to bind it or something
"Define your ass" - Floubz

Blackbeltginganinja
Runner

Post by Blackbeltginganinja » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 am

Okay, this kind of relates: I watched a video of someone's PB for 40 minutes at 2x speed. When I went to play Mirror's Edge (at normal speed obviously), my brain went to crap. Everything seemed extremely laggy and slow, I got a little motion sick, and it was an overall weird experience.

Vadsamoht
Runner

Post by Vadsamoht » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 am

Blackbeltginganinja wrote:Okay, this kind of relates: I watched a video of someone's PB for 40 minutes at 2x speed. When I went to play Mirror's Edge (at normal speed obviously), my brain went to crap. Everything seemed extremely laggy and slow, I got a little motion sick, and it was an overall weird experience.
I play fighting games, and I use the same tactic to make hard combos easier - practice on 2x speed and then when you go back to normal it feels like you've got ages to do everything. You can also do the opposite - play in slowmo for a while and you'll feel like you're going incredibly fast.

Requiem
Site Admin

Post by Requiem » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Can you make Mirror's Edge run in 2x speed? lol

Vadsamoht
Runner

Post by Vadsamoht » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:52 pm

No, it was a general comment. That said, you can set Faith's running speed and acceleration in the game files somewhat easily, but I doubt it'd be that useful.

nulaft

Post by nulaft » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:07 am

With cheat engine you could probably get the game to run at twice the speed (and fps).
YouTube| Twitch | Hitbox | Steam | Skype: ft.nula

E60flip345
Runner

Post by E60flip345 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:07 am

nulaft wrote:With cheat engine you could probably get the game to run at twice the speed (and fps).
I've actually done that, it was pretty fast XD