Mirror's Edge Any%: Relay Race

Anything and everything goes here - be appropriate!
Keelshing
Site Admin

Mirror's Edge Any%: Relay Race

Post by Keelshing » Mon May 25, 2015 5:33 pm

What's up lads,
There was talk in someone's twitch chat the other day about a possible any% relay race between some of the top runners. I think this is a really good idea so want to get some feedback and ideas on how best we can do it. This won't be taking place for a good month at least - we'll need to get a date which all the runners (once decided) are happy with.

The idea so far:
5vs5 (or something similar). Every runner does a single run of Any% before the next person on their team can begin. A teamspeak channel is dedicated to the two current runners and one or two commentators so it's not a clusterfuck of people talking throughout it.
We weren't sure how to decide teams - someone had a decent idea of English-speaking countries vs non-English speaking countries. Soooo that'd be like UK, America, Australia, Canada (lol canada idek if anyone is from there) vs European people.
Sooo rough team ideas would be something like:
English: Keel, Zook, Req, Sasuke, BBGN etc..
Non-English: Floubz, Walrus, Semml, Ricky, (Zubmit if he's alive) etc..
Don't feel bad if I've forgotten your name, I literally just did those from memory. Any other ideas for teams would be appreciated.

The only problem I can see with this idea at the moment is twitch channels - it'd be quite annoying for viewers to have to change channels after every any% run. Only thing I can think to make this easier is to create two new channels and give all the runners the stream key or something. I'm not sure.

Anyway this is just an idea at the moment. Please give your thoughts on what we could do to improve it (and whether you'd be up for participating).
Cheers m80 lads
Keelshang

NexusDt
Runner

Re: Mirror's Edge Any%: Relay Race

Post by NexusDt » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm

I was throwing some ideas around with BBGN and Sasuke last night in teamspeak, and we had an idea for runners picking their own teams, as well as doing something like Team: North America (continental), Team UK + Misc., and Team Nordic + Germany.

The second idea would need some balances, with some poeple switched around regardless of country, since some of the teams would become pretty "overpowered."
Just some thoughts though.

Blackbeltginganinja
Runner

Post by Blackbeltginganinja » Tue May 26, 2015 1:13 am

As of May 25: the tentative date is June 21st, a Sunday. Anybody that would like to participate needs to message me. To keep things fair-ish, we are strongly encouraging only those with a sub-40 no-loads to apply. Thanks.

zooK
Runner

Post by zooK » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm

So we are nearing the date, do we have any updates on who's in and if the date is still the same?
"Define your ass" - Floubz

zooK
Runner

Post by zooK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:52 pm

HI IS THIS STILL REAL
"Define your ass" - Floubz